Prosimetron

Prosimetron

domingo, 31 de maio de 2009

Poem of The Poet in Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman.

Hoje faz 190 anos que nasceu Walt Whitman. O seu livro mais famoso foi Leaves of Grass

Poem of The Poet.

A YOUNG man came to me with a message

from his brother,

How should the young man know the whether and

when of his brother? Tell him to send me the signs.

And I stood before the young man face to face,

and took his right hand in my left hand, and

his left hand in my right hand,

And I answered for his brother, and for men, and

I answered for the poet, and sent these signs.

Him all wait for, him all yield up to, his word is

decisive and final,

Him they accept, in him lave, in him perceive

themselves, as amid light,

Him they immerse, and he immerses them.

Beautiful women, the haughtiest nations, laws, the

landscape, people, animals,

The profound earth and its attributes, and the un- quiet ocean,

Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Leaves of Grass, Electronic Text Center, University of Virginia Library

1 comentário: